Our expanding company is seeking an experienced and professional Accountant/HR Administrator to join our team. Johnston Dental Care is looking for a full time, in-house individual who will work in a leadership role to analyze and present data related to the financial status of our company as well as being responsible for personnel management. They will use their specialized financial experience working with business budgets to support productivity, organize and manage tasks that will ensure productivity and growth of our company and our individual departments and teams. This individual, with a background in personnel management and advocacy, will also oversee the hiring process and ensure all employees know and adapt to Johnston Dental Care culture.
Financial Duties will include but not be limited to:
- Supervises and leads company’s financial operations
- Oversees the company’s financial data and compliance by maintaining accurate books in accounts payable and receivable, payroll and daily financial entries and reconciliation
- Performs daily accounting tasks such as monthly financial reports, general ledger entries and record of payments and adjustments
- Prepares financial reports of collecting, analyzing and summarizing account information
- Implements business strategies and strives to make and meet company’s goals
- Develops and implements financial policies and procedures
- Evaluate and assess company’s financial performances and overall performance
- Direct day-to-day operations to guarantee company’s efficiency
- Develop a comprehensive company budget and perform periodic budget analysis
- Helps hire and train employees
- Analyzes information and processes and develops more effective and efficient processes and strategies
- Generates reports and presents information to Dr. Johnston weekly
- Negotiates vendor contracts to identify cost-saving opportunities
- Works with Dentists, Hygienists, Assistants and Office Administrator to improve equipment, products and services
- Oversees, supervises and supports each department’s financial expenses and productivity
Human Resource Duties will include but not be limited to:
- Manage the staffing process, including recruiting, interviewing, hiring and onboarding
- Ensure job descriptions are up to date and compliant with all local, state and federal regulations
- Develop training materials and performance management programs to help ensure employees understand their job responsibilities
- Create and implement employee relations policies to help increase employee’s job satisfaction
- Devise a list of procedures and practices for hiring new employees and managing our staff
- Establish an orientation procedure for onboarding new hires and training them to meet the needs of the company
- Communicate with employees about compensation, benefits and other facets of their employment
- Approve and schedule PTO and SL based on employee need and company requirements
- Respond to questions or complaints from employees in a timely fashion
- Create a compensation strategy for all employees based on market research and pay surveys; keeps the strategy up to date.
- Investigate employee issues and conflicts and brings them to resolution.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, human resources or other business related area
Preferably 5+ years of experience in financial and Human Resource experience
Excellent communication skills, including writing, public speaking and interpersonal communication
Knowledge of a broad range of human resource strategies and practices, including compensation, performance management, safety, hiring and employee relations; able to apply these strategies and practices in compliance with employee regulations.
Ability to create a culture of diversity, inclusivity, collaboration and teamwork.
Superb interpersonal and leadership skills
Great analytical, critical thinking and problem solving abilities
Ability to identify opportunities for growth
Excellent computer skills
Strong time management and organization skills
Ability to work in fast-paced environments
Commitment to provide exceptional service to our patients
Commitment to provide exceptional support to our staff
Honesty and Integrity, always do the right thing
Our core values are: FUN, CUSTOMER SERVICE, GROWTH ORIENTED, TEAMWORK, EXCELLENT ATTITUDE, COMMITTED and LOYALTY
If you feel you are a suitable candidate for our office, please drop off your resume at 306 East Reynolds Drive Ruston, LA 71270 or email Amanda DeMoss at AmandaWalpoleDeMoss@gmail.