By Jim Wilkerson
The Lincoln Parish Police Jury convened for its first monthly meeting of 2022 on Tuesday, Jan. 11. To start off the new year, the Jury held a series of elections and made four appointments.
Richard Durrett was the only person nominated and, therefore, was elected as Jury President. Milton Melton was then unanimously elected as Vice President. Doug Postel kept his position as Parish Administrator. And Michael Sutton was elected as Treasurer of the Jury.
After the elections, the Jury appointed Anthony Garrison and Clark Canterbury to the Fire District Board, and appointed Chris Wyatt and Josh Perot to the Convention and Visitor’s Bureau.
The meeting then continued, with each agenda item, except one, being passed unanimously. Skip Russell voted “nay” to the last resolution concerning Lincoln Hall.
Agenda items included:
Call to Order
Invocation and Pledge of Allegiance – Mrs. Sharyon Mayfield
Approval of Agenda
Public Comment on Agenda Items
Minutes of Prior Meeting
- December 14, 2021
- Election of 2022 Officers:
- Appoint Two Members to the Fire District Board:
- Anthony Garrison (Ward 2)
- Clark Canterbury (Ward 3)
- Appoint Two Members to the Convention and Visitor’s Bureau:
- Mr. Chris Wyatt – City of Ruston Representative
- Mr. Josh Perot – Banking Association
- Recommend Adopting an Ordinance Amending Section 6-4.13 (Speed Limits) of the Lincoln Parish Code of Ordinances Setting Forth a 35 Mile Per Hour Speed Limit on that Section of Girl Scout Road from Highway 80 to One Thousand Feet South of Storey Road
- Announce Public Hearing Regarding Reapportionment – January 24, 2022
- Consider and Take Action If Necessary, Authorize Administrator and Police Jury President to Execute Documents Accepting Donation of Property from Ruston Real Estate Holdings, LLC
- Authorize the Purchase of Lot 2, Block 3, Summit Addition, Lincoln Parish, Louisiana from MRABB, LLC, for $4,500.00, Subject to the Property Being Appraised at or Above the Sale Price and Subject to Clear Title Being Conveyed; Further Authorize the Administrator to Request and Pay for a Title Opinion Covering the Described Property; Authorize the Administrator and Police Jury President to Execute Any and All Documents Necessary to Effect the Purchase of Said Property
- Consider and Take Action If Necessary, Approving a Lease Cancellation and Termination Agreement For All Interest In Real Property Known as Lincoln Hall, and Authorizing the Parish President to Execute Appropriate Documents to Complete the Transaction
Budget Reports – Mr. Michael Sutton
- Department Head Report
- Administrator’s Report
To report an issue or typo with this article – CLICK HERE