It is my honor as well as a humbling experience for me to announce my candidacy for Police Juror in District 11. I am a good listener and I look forward to spending time going around the district introducing myself and listening to your concerns.
I have been a lifelong resident of Lincoln Parish for over 60 years. During that time, I attended school, worked, and raised my family. I attended Ruston High School and LA. Tech University. My immediate family includes my husband Rev. Darrell Candler, one son, Pastor Dr. DeTorian- (Marilyn) Gipson, two grandchildren- Braylen and Macyn Gipson.
I am retired after working 18 years as a cashier and booth clerk for Harvest Foods(Safeway) of Ruston and also 18 years for the Lincoln Parish Police Jury(HELP) Agency in different capacities to include Administrative Assistant, Transportation Coordinator, and Equal Opportunity Officer.
My passion has always been community involvement and striving to make a difference.
Community Involvement include:
- Member of the Mt. Olive Baptist Church where I serve as Church Clerk, Member of the Mission, and Pastor Aide Ministries.
- Board of Directors for Lincoln Total Community Action- Treasurer
- North Central Louisiana Master Gardener Club
- Ruston Garden Club
- Ruston Voters League
- Interdenominational Alliance of Ministers Wives
- Democratic Parish Executive Committee
- International Foreign Student Mentor
I am sure that we have some of the same concerns. We care about our families, our property, and the environment. I will be your advocate.
I will be Accessible, Available and Accountable.