Louisiana Tech’s Debate Team finished second overall and each Tech competitor earned at least one trophy in a late October tournament at Texas Christian University in Fort Worth.
The program is coming off back-to-back state championships.
Here is how Tech finished in the Debate Competition:
· Alex Gibson, a junior architecture major, was a finalist in the varsity division;
· Joseph Miller, a senior biology major, was a semi-finalist in the novice division and a fourth-place speaker;
· Sean Bell, a junior engineering major, was a quarterfinalist in the novice division and second-place speaker;
· Braydan LaFluer, a senior communication major, was a quarterfinalist in the junior varsity division and a fourth-place speaker.
Here is how Tech finished in the Speech Competition:
· Nate Goldstein, a senior communication major, won first place in After Dinner Speaking and fifth in Impromptu Speaking;
· Vanna Richardson, a senior theater major, won third place in Poetry Interpretation.
At the Medoza Debate Tournament at Lee College in Baytown, TX, senior
communication major, Whitman McGee, was second place speaker and
At the Red River Classic Tournament at Louisiana State
University in Shreveport, McGee took home another speaker award. Charles
Shrumpt, senior business major, made it to elimination rounds at his first
debate tournament. Goldstein, was a octo-finalist in the varsity division.
The team is preparing to go to State in the winter and defend their
Louisiana State Champion title two years running.
For more information about the team contact Debate Coach Megan Smith at email@example.com.