- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Choudrant High School
- Date Available:
- Sufficient ability to follow written instructions and schedules
- Sufficient ability to follow directions and work well with others
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
Job Goal: Under the direct supervision of the Principal and District Supervisor, maintains an attractive, sanitary, safe facility for students, staff, and the public; provides equipment and furniture arrangements for meetings, classroom activities, and events; and minimizes property damage, loss, and liability exposure to the school district.
- Perform all activities that are custodial in nature and deemed appropriate by Head Custodian or Administration.
- Arranges furnishings and equipment for the purpose of providing adequate preparation for meetings, classroom activities, and events.
- Attends district in-service training(s) for the purpose of receiving information on new and/or improved procedures.
- Cleans assigned school district facilities (e.g., classrooms, offices, gyms, multipurpose rooms, grounds, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining a sanitary, safe, attractive environment.
- Assist in maintaining seasonal grounds work (lawn).
- Daily attendance and punctuality are required for the purpose of ensuring the goals of the work unit can be met. Employee must scan in and out daily using the biometric reader.
- Delivers various items (e.g., supplies, mail, packages, furniture, etc.) for the purpose of distributing materials to the appropriate places.
- Helps to respond to immediate safety and/or operational concerns (e.g., facility damage, alarms, etc.) for the purpose of taking appropriate action to resolve immediate safety issues and maintaining a functioning physical and educational environment.
- Inspects school facilities for the purpose of ensuring site is suitable for safe operations and maintained in an attractive and clean condition, and identifying any repairs that may be necessary due to vandalism, equipment breakage, weather conditions, etc.
- Lifts up to 30 pounds unassisted for the purpose of lifting equipment necessary to complete assigned tasks.
- Performs work at heights of up to 12 feet using ladders and/or scaffolding for the purpose of cleaning, changing light bulbs, replacing ceiling tiles, etc.
- Prepares school facilities for daily operations (e.g., opening gates and building access doors, disarming security systems, turning on lights, raising flags, placing crosswalk signs, performing minor repairs, locking all doors, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring school facilities are operational and safe.
- Secures school facilities and grounds for the purpose of minimizing property damage, equipment loss, and potential liability to the school district.
- Services job-related machinery/equipment (e.g., adjusting, cleaning, and oiling vacuum cleaners, scrubbers, buffers, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining equipment in good working condition. Also changes brushes, pads, rollers, etc. on equipment.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring the efficient, effective, functioning of the work unit.
To apply go online to https://www.lincolnschools.org/o/lps and click on the “JOBS” tab.