Argument over money leads to man’s arrest

Deandre Ramone Thomas photo courtesy of Lincoln Parish Dentention Center.

By T. Scott Boatright

A Natchez man remained in the Lincoln Detention Center Monday facing charges he was booked on after the Lincoln Parish Sheriff’s Office was reportedly twice called out in reference to what was allegedly an argument over money.

Deandre Ramone Thomas, 28, was booked into the LPDC early Saturday morning of charges of terrorizing, simple assault and simple criminal damage to property.

A LPSO deputy first responded on Friday after Thomas reportedly got into an argument with a resident living on Moore’s Dairy Road.

Thomas’ arrest affidavit said the resident asked Thomas to exit the residence until the property owner arrived and that Thomas responded by kicking in the door, entering the home and saying “he was going to get a pistol and come back and kill everyone” before he left the residence.

The responding deputy reported that upon arrival he found the door looking like it had been kicked in and that after patrolling the area he made contact with a male matching Thomas’ description at Cinnamon Square apartments.

Thomas was then reportedly handcuffed and advised of his Miranda rights, which he said he understood.

After being read his Miranda rights Thomas reportedly told the officer that he kicked in the door “because he was angry because of a money issue and that he pays rent at that residence.

The officer reported telling Thomas not to return to the residence until the next morning and said Thomas was issued a summons for simple assault and simple criminal damage to property.

Around midnight the LPSO reported receiving a call from Thomas about retrieving his property. The responding deputy who answered the initial call said he advised Thomas that he could retrieve his property the next day and not to return to the residence.

Thomas then allegedly told the deputy he was going to go back and kill everyone and that he “didn’t care about the consequences.”

LPSO deputies report making contact with Thomas at 12:45 a.m. Saturday at the Ruston Sports Complex soccer field bathroom, where he was handcuffed before being placed in the back of a LPSO patrol unit where he reportedly continued to talk about killing residents at the Moore’s Dairy Road home.

Thomas was then transported to the LPDC without incident and was booked on a terrorizing charge as well as the charges he had earlier been issued summons for.

His bond was set at $4,500.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *