The Ruston-Lincoln Chamber of Commerce’s 101st Annual Awards Banquet, presented by Century Next Bank will be held starting at 6 p.m. May 25 at the Library Events Center.
This event was postponed from its traditional January date due to COVID-19 restrictions.
Awards to be presented by Chamber:
• Robert E. Russ – Cathi Cox-Boniol
• Business of the Year – Log Cabin Grill & Market
• Origin Bank Young Business Leader of the Year – Sarah Warren (Argent Financial)
• Ambassador of the Year – Thomas Graham (The Lincoln Agency)
• Recognition of Top Five Young Business Leaders to Watch – Amanda Carrier (Experience Ruston), John Cowling (Rolling Hills Ministries), Daniel Dupuy (Louisiana Tech University), Missy Gibbons (Skip Russell State Farm), and Rebecca Lewis Smart (Junior Auxiliary of Ruston)
Awards to be presented on behalf of Ruston-Lincoln organizations:
• Rotary Club of Ruston, Bill Best Humanitarian – Richard Lewis
• Kiwanis of Ruston Outstanding People: Firefighter of the Year – Chance Hankins (Ruston Fire Dept.), Law Enforcement Officer of the Year – Tyler Edminston (Lincoln Parish Sheriff’s Office), and Educator of the Year – Kellye Ketchum (A.E. Phillips School)
• Lincoln Parish Schools, Distinguished Partner in Education – Ruston Rotary Club
• Experience Ruston, Hospitality Award – Chris “Moose” Garriga
• Junior Auxiliary of Ruston, Betty Robbins Volunteer of the Year – Jessica Hughes
The banquet, presented by Century Next Bank, will begin at 6 p.m. with a fruit and cheese social. Dinner will be served at 6:45 p.m. by Uptown Downtown Ruston. Attire is business or semi-formal. Tiered level sponsors of this event are Origin Bank and Hunt, Guillot & Associates (HGA). Decorating sponsors are 2 Crazy Girls & Southern Grace Events and Blessings.
During the banquet the Chamber will recognize its outgoing board members as well as inducting the 2021 board members. Having completed their terms are Chad Ginn (HiTech Computers of Ruston, Inc.), April McGuirt (First National Bank), and Summer Hammons (Hammons Nest). There will be a brief video presentation at the banquet in memory of Grace Tirado who we lost to cancer during her tenure.
The 2021 Executive board appointments are as follows: Chair, Ryan Madden, (Napper & Madden); Chair Elect & Finance, Eric McCulloch (Edward Jones Financial Advisor); Organizational Development, Brent Causey (Delta Broadband, LLC); Events Planning & Development, Callie Grubb (Century Next Bank); Membership Development, Ron Veitch (Anti Pest & Veitch); Community Development, Elizabeth Turnley (Individual); and Immediate Past Chair, Marisol O’Neal (Origin Bank).
Directors who began their terms on January 1, 2021 are Thomas Graham (The Insurance Agency), George Lee IV (Temple Baptist Church), Bobby Mounts (PJ’s Coffee of New Orleans – Ruston), Victoria Sexton (Centric Federal Credit Union), Danny Walpole (Walpole Tire & Service), and Tyler Storms (Tyler Graham Storms).
Continuing Directors are John Deason (Courtyard by Marriott), Morgan Garrison (Uptown Downtown), Brandon Sutherland (LP School District), Anthony Tchakounte (Ruston Cleaning Services), and Patricia Willis (The Children’s Shoppe). Chamber board members serve three-year terms.
Ex-officio Directors are Jeremy Dubose (Lincoln Parish Crime Stoppers); Nadja Haynie (Louisiana Delta Community College); Marc Newman (Grambling State University); Doug Postel (Lincoln Parish Police Jury); Ryan Richard (Louisiana Tech University); Amy Stegall (city of Ruston, Main Street); Lindsay Tomlinson (Origin Bank, elite level member); Ronny Walker (City of Ruston); and Stephen Williams (LP Sheriff’s Department).
Ticket prices for chamber members are $45 for individual tickets and $360 for a table of eight. Ticket prices for non-chamber members are $55 for individual tickets and $440 for tables of eight.
Those wishing to attend can register online at http://www.rustonlincoln.org or drop by the Chamber office located at 2111 North Trenton Street. The deadline to purchase tickets is May 18.