The Lincoln Parish Journal, along with the notice of death each day, now will offer a paid obituary service for residents of the area.
This service is for individuals who reside in the parish or who have relatives in the parish. Students who are enrolled at Louisiana Tech or Grambling State but who do not live in the parish will also be able to submit. These announcements will be published each morning after the obituary is submitted.
This move by the Journal allows individuals to share the obituary on social media outlets.
Individuals who wish to submit an obit are welcome to write the obit themselves or have a Journal staff member compose the obit for them. For individuals who wish to have the Journal staff write the obituary should submit the following:
- Deceased’s name, date of birth, date of death, age upon death, hometown and town where individual lived at date of death
- A list of surviving relatives
- Details about the funeral service: date, time, place
- Parents’ names
- Information about spouse and children
- Civic organizations, including churches, individual was affiliated with
- Job/career information
- Professional and/or personal accomplishments
To submit an obituary or for further information, including fee prices, please email email@example.com.
To report an issue or typo with this article – CLICK HERE