By Jim Wilkerson
The Ruston City Council convened for its scheduled monthly meeting on Monday, Oct. 4 at 5:30 PM. The meeting was brief and only lasted approximately fifteen minutes, with each resolution on the agenda being unanimously passed.
Among the items discussed was the City’s application for $400,000 from the Love Louisiana Outdoors grant program. “We want to try to get ahead of everyone,” Mayor Ronnie Walker said, concerning the City’s eagerness to get through the application. To expedite the process, the City Council unanimously agreed to enter into a professional services agreement with Meyer, Meyer, LaCroix & Hixon engineering consultants.
The City ultimately plans to use the funds to install three additional splash pads at various locations throughout Ruston.
Agenda items included:
- AGENDA AND MINUTES
- Adopt Agenda
- Approve Minutes of the September 13, 2021, Regular Meeting
- Introduce Ordinance No. _______ of 2021, Levying an Additional Sales Tax of One and Three-Quarter Percent (1.75%) in the Power and Water Economic Development District of the City of Ruston, State of Louisiana (the “Development”). The Development is a Three (3) Phase Mixed Use Development Consisting of the City of Ruston, State of Louisiana (The “District”); Designating the Full Amount of Such Additional Sales Tax as the Sales Tax Increments in the district From Which the Local Sales Tax Increments Will Be Determined and Used to Finance Economic Development Projects in the District in Accordance With and as Authorized by Part II, Chapter 27, Title 33 of the Louisiana Revised Statutes of 1950, as amended, Designating the Initial Annual Baseline Collection Rate and Establishing a Monthly Baseline Collection Rate For the District; Pledging and Dedicating Such Tax Increments to Reimburse Economic Development Costs and Providing For Other Matters in Connection With the Foregoing
- Consider Resolution No._______ of 2021, Authorizing City to Enter into Professional Services Agreement with Meyer, Meyer, LaCroix & Hixon for Administrative and Engineering Services Relating to the Louisiana Community Block Grant
III. PUBLIC WORKS
- Consider Resolution No._______ of 2021, Authorizing City to Enter into Contract Related to State Project No. H.009746, Federal Aid No. H009746, Ruston Downtown Revitalization Phase 6, US 80, LA 150, Lincoln Parish, Louisiana Project
- Consider Resolution No._______ of 2021, Authorizing Execution of Equipment Conditional Sales Lease Agreement with BancorpSouth Equipment Finance, A Division of BancorpSouth Bank for Purpose of Leasing Certain Equipment
- Consider Resolution No._______ of 2021, Authorizing City to Enter into Agreement with Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development for Improvements at the Ruston Regional Airport (Obstruction Removal – Phase II)
- Planning and Zoning
- Consider Resolution No._______ of 2021, Approving Final Plat of the Panda Express – Ruston Addition Subdivision of the City of Ruston, Louisiana (Case 1508 – Panda Express – Ruston Addition Subdivision)
- CODE ENFORCEMENT
- Status Report from Building Official on the Abatement of the Substandard Building(s) or Structure(s) Located at 902 Jones (LCDBG #19)
- Consider Resolution No._______ of 2021, Approving the Application and Certifying Participation in the Restoration Tax Abatement Program for the Fabric Shop of Ruston at 100 West Park Avenue in the City of Ruston, Louisiana
- Treasurer’s Report
VIII. ADJOURN MEETING
To report an issue or typo with this article – CLICK HERE