Closing Date: Continuous until filled
Salary Commensurate with experience
Job Type: Unclassified
Location: Natchitoches, Louisiana
Northwestern State University Office of Business Affairs seeks a qualified applicant for the position of Purchasing Director. Review of applications will begin immediately.
To Apply: Send letter of application, resume and complete contact information for three professionals references to:
Apply@nsula.edu or submit to:
Northwestern State University
ST. Denis Hall
Natchitoches, La 71497
The successful candidate will be subject to a background check, as a condition of employment.
Northwestern State University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion,
Sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, pregnancy or parenting status, and veteran or retirement status in its programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following individuals have been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies (i.e., Title IX):
Employees/Potential Employees- Veronica M. Biscoe, EEO Officer
Students- Reatha Cox, Dean of Students (318-357-5286)
For Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) concerns, contact the Disability Support and Tutoring Director, Randi Washington at 318-357-4460.
Additionally, Northwestern complies with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy & Campus Crime Statistics Act. Information about NSU’s campus security and crime statistics can be found at http;//universitypolice.nsula.
Full disclosure statement: http;//university.planning.
*Inquiries regarding employment application status should be made to the Human Resources Department; Telephone: 318-357-5965
· Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or related field from an accredited college or university required.
· Minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in State Purchasing preferred
· Experience with conducting complex RFP’s required
· Understanding of Louisiana Revised Statutes regarding purchasing and ethics required.
· Professional certification as a Procurement Buyer or Officer preferred
· Managerial experience is essential
· This position also requires the ability to communicate orally and through written reports with/to Subordinates, Supervisors and outside personnel.
· Experience in operating Procurement Management Finance Software; Ellucian/Banner knowledge preferred
· Daily supervision of all Purchasing Department staff
· Prepare all necessary documents for bid invitation and opening in accordance with public bid laws
· Review approval of Sole Source requests
· Negotiate complex operating service contracts including but not limited to software agreement, property leases and marketing agreements
· Administer University’s P-Card Program
· Assist with month-end soft close and year-end hard close
· Work with Business Affairs offices for invoicing, budgeting and financial related tasks
· Other duties assigned by supervisor
To report an issue or typo with this article – CLICK HERE