Santa better bundle up.
Although temperatures will reach into the 50s by mid-afternoon today, they will drop hard tonight and stay below freezing for at least 36 hours if not into Christmas day.
The forecast is calling for temperatures to drop to as low as 10 degrees tonight with the high on Friday reaching just 27 and the low Friday night dipping to 17 degrees.
Saturday could see temperatures rise to the mid-30s although some forecasts are saying they won’t move above freezing.
Christmas day is calling for a high of 40 degrees.
Lows will deep below freezing for five straight nights according to the most up-to-date forecast.
Next week we will see a reprieve as forecasts are calling for highs in the 60s starting Wednesday and running for at least five days.
Cold Temperature Safety Tips
- Dress in warm layers & limit time spent out in the cold.
- Check on elderly family & neighbors.
- Take care of pets & plants.
- Make sure vehicles are winterized, keep jumper cables, emergency kits in vehicle, especially with holiday travel.
- Protect water pipes, let faucets drip to keep lines from freezing.
- Be cautious of using portable heaters and fireplaces.
To report an issue or typo with this article – CLICK HERE