INSTANT POT RED BEANS AND RICE
- 1lb camellia red beans
- 1 smoked ham hock
- 2lb of sausage of choice
- 2 cups of trinity vegetables (celery / bell pepper / onion)
- 4 tablespoons of cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoons of Italian season
- 1-2 tablespoons of Louisiana hot sauce
- 4 bay leaves
- Cooked rice (jasmine is my favorite for red beans)
- Place red beans into instant pot with 6-8 cups of water and cook on high pressure for 20 minutes. Release pressure on pot and drain beans.
- Saute sausage and trinity in instant pot until vegetables are soft
- Add back your drained red beans
- Add 4-5 cups of water or just until the beans are covered by liquid (pro tip: sometimes I will substitute Modelo beer for water to give the beans a really rich flavor)
- Add all of your dry seasonings, 1 ham hock, and 4 bay leaves and stir it well
- Cook on high pressure for 20 minutes.
- Stir beans for 2-3 minutes to thicken the broth. You can also “smash” some of the beans against the side of the pot as you stir to create a creamy texture for the red beans if you wish!
Serve it over some rice, cornbread, add some hot sauce or whatever you like. ENJOY!
To report an issue or typo with this article – CLICK HERE