UPDATE (from the NWS as of 10:30 a.m.)
- Lincoln Parish borderline, included in MODERATE RISK & the ENHANCED RISK for Severe Weather.
- Timing for our area should be from 12 am midnight until around 4 am
- Threats include all forms of Severe Weather including Tornadoes, Large Hail & Straight line damaging winds.
- Threat of heavy rainfall should be mostly north/northwest of our area.
- Be Prepared & Be Safe
UPDATE (from the NWS as of this 9 a.m.):
- Widespread severe weather outbreak is possible this afternoon and evening
- Strong tornados, damaging winds, large hail and the potential for flash flooding will be possible
- A flood watch remains in effect through noon on Friday
- The moderate risk as been expanded slightly further south then previously
- A wind advisory has been issued and will go into effect this afternoon and continue thru noon Friday
According to the National Weather Service, severe weather is a possibility across our entire region today.
Lincoln Parish could see hail, damaging winds, severe thunderstorms and even the possibility of tornadoes. According to the hour-by-hour forecast, the chance for severe weather increases throughout the morning and into the afternoon.
Ruston residents are reminded to sign up for CodeRED, a free service that includes severe weather alerts as well as information out about street closures, emergency information, and any other alerts. CodeRED alerts can be received on a landline, a cell phone or even an iPad. To sign up, click HERE.
To report an issue or typo with this article – CLICK HERE