By Kyle Roberts
With the 2023 season opener just days away, Ruston High School principal Dan Gressett is reminding fans of important policies regarding game days at The Hoss.
“Nearly all of these policies are things we’ve had in place for years,” Gressett said. “We just like to remind fans before the season starts. Our number one priority is to provide a safe environment for everyone involved. We looked at what some other schools are doing and made a few changes. I don’t think anything we’re asking is unreasonable.
“Friday nights in Hoss Garrett Stadium are special and we want to keep it that way and build on it. We are asking that our fans help us with this. We are excited to get the season started.”
The policies are listed below:
- Per LHSAA rules, no one other than RHS or Lincoln Parish School District personnel, media, or individuals directly related to the game are allowed on the field before, during, or after the game. This includes the track, endzones, and sidelines.
- No backpacks, duffle bags, or large totes are allowed into Hoss Garrett Stadium. Please exhibit the highest level of sportsmanship to all spectators, coaches, players, and officials. Everyone should review Board Policy KGA relative to conduct at sporting events. It may be accessed at
- There is no re-entry into the stadium. Once you leave the stadium you must purchase a new ticket to re-enter.
- RHS officials and/or law enforcement officials reserve the right to search any personal belongings/bags or vehicles parked on our campus. We also reserve the right to use. metal detectors/wands to search individuals. Our goal is to make our campus and Friday nights as safe as possible for everyone.
- Loitering underneath the bleachers or near the restroom areas will not be tolerated. Everyone should be in a seat. People who violate this policy will be removed from the stadium. No refunds will be given.
- In the event that we have a weather or lightning delay the stadium must be cleared. After the delay is lifted we will allow re-entry into the stadium.
- New Policy: No one under the age of 17, unless a current student of Ruston High School, will be allowed to enter the stadium without an adult (21+). We do not allow drop-offs.