Fired employee causes disturbance

Ruston Police arrested a woman Sunday night after she refused to leave a local restaurant and then resisted officers’ attempts to restrain her.

Officers responded to the McDonald’s restaurant on South Trenton Street about 10:00 p.m. Sunday night. A disturbance had occurred between the manager and employee Angel Barnes, 20, of Ruston. The manager said Barnes had been terminated but refused to leave the property.

Officers told Barnes she had to leave the property, but she said her ride was inside. She was told to wait off the property but made no attempt to leave. After being given multiple opportunities to leave the property, Barnes was arrested and placed in handcuffs.

On the way to the detention center, Barnes removed her handcuffs. The officer stopped and with the assistance of a second officer told Barnes to step out of the patrol car to be placed back in handcuffs. She refused to comply after repeated directives to do so. She was taken by the left arm and extracted from the patrol car where she continued to resist by pulling her hands away from the officers.

At the detention center, she refused to get out of the patrol car. Officers had to physically remove her, and she resisted by trying to sit on the ground. She was told to quit resisting and a detention center deputy attempted to walk her out of the sally port into the building. She kicked her legs out, wrapping her leg around the cable to the door of the sally port, ripping it off and making the door inoperable.

Barnes was booked for remaining on the premises after being forbidden, resisting an officer, simple escape, and simple criminal damage to property. Bail was set at $7,000.

This information has been provided by a law enforcement agency as public information. Persons named or shown in photographs or video as suspects in a criminal investigation, or arrested and charged with a crime, have not been convicted of any criminal offense and are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.